Vaccination for Foreigners

Haikou starts COVID-19 vaccination for compatriots from Hong Kong and Macao and foreign nationals

Updated: Apr 14, 2021 Hainan Daily; www.chinaservicesinfo.com Print
Share - WeChat

On April 13, Haikou started COVID-19 vaccination for Hong Kong and Macao compatriots and foreigners of the age of 18 and above. Those who work, study or live in Haikou can get inoculated at seven designated vaccination sites.

On a voluntary and consensual basis, Hong Kong and Macao compatriots in Haikou can get vaccinated free of charge by presenting their Residence Permit for Hong Kong or Macao or a document of mainland social health insurance coverage.

Foreigners who have joined Hainan’s social medical insurance scheme may receive vaccine free of charge by presenting a valid insurance document. Those without insurance will pay no charge at the first dose and, after the release of official charging standards, pay the appropriate charge when they get the second dose.

The following are answers to eight most asked questions by foreign nationals in Haikou District.

Q: What is the age requirement for COVID-19 vaccination?

A: Foreign nationals at the age of 18 and above in Haikou District are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.

Q: What type of vaccine will be used?

A: China’s domestic inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will be used, and two doses are required.

Q: What documents should be provided for vaccination?

A: Foreign nationals should provide valid documents when making appointments and present their passports and valid residence permits at the vaccination site. Please make sure that relevant documents are valid on the date of taking the second dose.

Q: What papers should I sign?

A: Before taking vaccine, you should sign both a form of informed consent and a statement of bearing personal responsibility for all risks associated with vaccination. Please take necessary precautions and inform the vaccine giving personnel of your health condition so that they can decide whether you can take vaccine.

Q: What care should I take before and after taking vaccine?

A: Carry passport, valid residence permit and Haikou medical insurance certificates. Have a good rest and do not drink alcohol the day before vaccination, and do not have an empty stomach on the day of vaccination. Stay at the vaccine taking site for 30 minutes of observation and may then leave if you have no adverse reaction. You should immediately seek medical help and alert the organizational units if you develop a persistent fever.

Q: How do I get the vaccination certificate?

A: Foreigners can print the vaccination voucher at the vaccination unit after completing the second dose of vaccination.

Q: Do I need to wear a mask after being vaccinated?

A: Vaccination will produce immunity from COVID-19 and greatly reduce infection risks. However, no vaccine is 100 percent effective; some people may have insufficient antibodies after taking vaccine and they can still be vulnerable to infection. So it is important that you should wear masks, wash hands regularly, and keep social distance.

Q: Do I still have to take nucleic acid test after being vaccinated? Can my vaccine taking certificate substitute for nucleic acid test report?

A: Vaccine taking can reduce infection risks, but no vaccine is 100 percent effective. When necessary, foreign nationals should still take nucleic test as required.


Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安 京公网安备 11010502032503号