Residence Permit for Long Stays

Mainland residence permits for HK, Macao and Taiwan residents

Updated: Dec 12, 2018 www.chinaservicesinfo.com Print
Share - WeChat

According to new regulations issued by the State Council, residents of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan can apply for a mainland residence permit from September 1, 2018 onwards.

Here is a guide to the mainland residence permit.

What is the eligibility?

Residents of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have been living with a legal and stable job or accommodation or studying on the Chinese mainland for more than six months are able to apply for the permit.

How to apply for it?

The mainland resident permit, valid for five years, is issued by the county-level public security bureau.

The following materials are needed for an application:

1.Application form

2.Entry and exit documents for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan residents

3.Materials proving the applicant’s accommodation, work and study situation

Materials proving accommodation can include housing rental contracts, property certification, residential purchase documents or other documents provided by the lessor, the employer or the school.

Materials proving work can include a business license, labor contract or other documents provided by the employer proving a legal and stable job.

Materials proving study can include a student card and other documents provided by the school proving continuous study.

Benefits for holders:

The holders can work legally and participate in the social insurance and housing accumulation fund programs in their registered location.

Other public services include: compulsory education, basic public service for employment, health, culture and sports, legal aid and services and other basic public services in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State and the registered location.

Holders can also enjoy the following convenience as mainland residents:

1. Taking domestic flights, trains and other ways of transportation;

2. Hotel accommodation;

3. Services for banking, insurance, securities, futures and other financial programs;

4. Shopping, purchasing tickets for parks and other cultural and sports venues and consuming cultural, entertainment, commercial and travel activities;

5. Registration for motor vehicles in the registered location;

6. Application for motor vehicle driving license in the registered location;

7. Taking vocational qualification exams and applying for professional qualification;

8. Registration for birth in the registered location;

9. Other conveniences in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State and the registered location.

Note: The guidance is for reference only. To learn more, please refer to the Chinese official document or consult the public security bureau that accepts the application.

Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安备 11010502032503号 京公网安备 11010502032503号