Permanent Residence

Application guidance

Updated: Dec 7, 2018 www.chinaservicesinfo.com Print
Share - WeChat

Where should the application be submitted?

Application should be applied to the public security organ of the city with subordinate districts, or the branch or county bureau of public security of the municipality directly under the Central Government, in the place where the principal investment was made or of long-term residence.

Can someone else submit the application for you?

If applying through an agent, a power of attorney issued by the applicant must be submitted, which needs to be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate in the country concerned.

How long will it take for the application approval?

Within six months from the date of receipt of the application.

How to apply from abroad?

Aliens who are granted permanent resident in China will receive an "Alien Permanent Permit" signed by the Public Security Bureau. Applicants filing from abroad will receive a "Form of Confirmation of Alien Permanent Permit"; they must then present themselves at the relevant Chinese embassy or consulate in their country of residence for a D visa, then obtain their Alien Permanent Permit from the public security unit within 30 days after entering China.

How much does the application cost?

The total charge is 1,800 yuan ($262.3), including an application fee of 1,500 yuan per person and 300 yuan per certificate.

Note: The guidance is for reference only. For updated information please consult the public security bureau that accepts your application.



Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安备 11010502032503号 京公网安备 11010502032503号