​Obtaining a degree

Updated: Mar 16, 2018 english.legalinfo.gov.cn Print
Share - WeChat

The international students studying in China that have completed the required course of study and achieved the appropriate scores can apply to a degree granting unit for a degree. Those that meet the required academic standards are granted an appropriate degree.

Those who have completed the course of study in their specialties and minored in other subjects and met the relevant requirements for the subjects are granted a certificate of the subjects they have minored in by the university.

Degree-granting units can revoke a degree that has already been granted after the review of the degree evaluation committee if there are circumstances of serious violation of regulations such as fraudulent practices and cheating.

Universities can provide diplomas and degree certificates translated into a foreign language if necessary.

* If diplomas, certificates of completion, certificate of studying at college and degree certificates are lost or damaged, upon the application of the concerned student, the university can issue corresponding certification after verification. The certification has the same effect with the original certificate.

After obtaining a diploma, certificate of completion, certificate of studying at college or dropping out of college, international students shall leave China within the specified time. Universities shall timely notify the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ of the international students that have received the sanction of expulsion from college. The exit and entry administration department of the public security organ shall revoke their foreign residence permit or shorten the period of their stay in China in accordance with law.

Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安备 11010502032503号 京公网安备 11010502032503号